A Guide to Choosing Floor Cushions for Your Home
Adding floor cushions can be a simple way to make any room in your home more comfortable and inviting. From family rooms and living spaces to bedrooms and playrooms, floor cushions provide extra seating or lounge space wherever you need it.
Choosing the right floor cushions for your home decor and needs can seem overwhelming with so many shapes, sizes, and styles to pick from. This guide to choosing floor cushions for your home will walk you through the key factors to consider, so you can create a space you’ll love.
Some Common Shapes of Floor Cushions
You will find floor cushions in different shapes and styles. Here are some of the most common options:
- Round floor cushions: As the name suggests, these cushions are circular. They roll easily to move around a room. Round floor cushions work well individually or grouped.
- Square floor cushions: Square cushions have right-angled corners that allow for arranging them against walls and furniture. They create clear boundaries for seating areas.
- Rectangular floor cushions: Rectangular cushions offer versatile dimensions to use as ottomans, casual seating, or decorative accents. Their elongated shape is useful for positioning along walls.
- Triangular floor cushions: Triangular cushions fit nicely into room corners. Their shape makes efficient use of often underutilized space.
- Novelty shapes: Floor cushions also come in fun, novelty shapes like hearts, cloud shapes, alphabets, and more. These work well in kids’ rooms or play areas.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Floor Cushions
Floor cushion dimensions impact both aesthetics and function. Evaluate the area you want to place them and how they’ll get used. Standard sizes range from 18 to 36 inches for each side. Measure furniture and space between to select appropriate proportions. Keep Traffic patterns in mind so they don’t pose tripping hazards. Larger cushions offer ample lounging space for kids and teens. Smaller ones work well as occasional seating for guests or as decorative accents.
Density and fill materials determine floor cushion firmness. Consider whether you want cushions for sitting or lying down when choosing softness. Firmer densities provide more support for upright seating. Softer fills make better pillow-like cushions for stretching out to read or nap. Memory foam inserts contour specifically for comfort.
Upholstery fabric durability and ease of cleaning should factor into floor cushion textile choices. Tightly woven polyester or cotton fabrics withstand everyday wear and stains well. Performance fabrics with stain protection or water resistance are also excellent choices. For floors that won’t get much traffic, delicate fabrics like velvet, linen, or velour add luxurious style.
Different types of filling inside floor cushions make them soft and pillowy. At prices that won’t break the bank, polyester fiberfill is strong and keeps its shape. Feathers and down are the softest materials you can find, but they need to be handled carefully. Memory or latex foam inner cores offer supportive ergonomic profiles for people who want comfort right away without having to break them in.
Select floor cushions whose pattern, texture, and color scheme coordinate with your room’s overall decor. Contrasting or matching patterns create different effects. Textural interest from embroidery, tufting, or decorative trim enhances visual appeal. Whether using cushions in neutral basic colors or vibrant brights, ensure the hue combination harmonizes with existing furnishings.
Floor cushions span a considerable range when it comes to pricing. Less expensive floor cushions start around 10-40 Dirham but better quality with more detailing/features can be priced upwards of 100 Dirham or more.
Think about when purchasing if you want floor cushions to pull double or triple-duty. Square and rectangular cushions providing sitting space can also serve as makeshift tables for snacks, books, or trays when topped with a rigid table tray. Sectional cushions join together to create larger surfaces and convert into guest beds when needed. Smaller cushions may have removable covers to transform their look easily.
Before you buy floor cushions that fit your lifestyle, find out how to take care of them the right way. Do you need cushions that are safe for kids and pets and can handle daily use and messes? Or more cushions for light use only sometimes? You should make sure it’s easy to spot clean, machine wash, and fluff-fill as needed. Some pillow covers might need to be washed by a professional. Check your budget and time for maintenance.
Where to Buy Floor Cushions
Quality floor cushions are available from various brick-and-mortar retail stores and online shops. Home goods stores like Bestsofaupholsterydubai.ae carry affordable cushion options in standard sizes and shapes. And don’t forget the options of handmade for truly one-of-a-kind artisan floor cushions as well.
Caring for Your Floor Cushions
Floor cushions receive a fair amount of foot traffic and use, especially in busy households. Implementing simple care practices keeps them looking fresh and maximizes durability.
- Use vacuum regularly to remove loose dirt. Spot cleaning stains when they happen retain appearances.
- Rotate and fluff floor cushions often to evenly distribute fills and prevent uneven wear in one spot.
- Follow individual fabric care instructions for cleaning. Some removable covers can get periodically laundered.
- Protect cushions from pets and rambunctious kids. Cover when not in use to prevent damage.
- Evaluate fill levels every so often and have more added to sagging cushions to replenish shaping.
- Store floor cushions properly between seasons.
To find the right floor cushions for your room, you need to think about the right sizes and shapes, as well as the fabrics, fillings, and quality for that area. With this a guide to choosing floor cushions for your home, think about whether you want to put the centerpiece somewhere functional or aesthetically pleasing.
You should also think about how much it will cost you to buy seats and take care of them over time. By thinking about important things like seat size and long-term upkeep, you can make a cozy area great for relaxing, playing, or getting together with friends.
Read more: How To Clean Outdoor Cushions?